In addition to configuring the layout of your perspective you
can also control several other key aspects of a perspective. These include:
- The options available on the File > New submenu.
- The options available on the Window > Open Perspective submenu.
- The options available on the Window > Show View submenu.
- Action sets (buttons and menu options) that show up on the toolbar and menu bar.
To configure a perspective:
- Switch to the perspective that you want to configure.
Window > Customize Perspective....
- Expand the item that you want to customize.
- Use the checkboxes to select which elements you want to see
on drop-down menus in the selected perspective. Items you do not select will still be
accessible by clicking the Other menu option.
- Click OK.
Changing where perspectives open
Specifying the default perspective
Saving a user defined perspective